selinux breaks revisor

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 02:35:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:27:05 -0600
Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> wrote:

> But again, I'm not suggesting that there aren't a few viable
> theoretical alternatives to the method I presented.   Though I don't
> know of any that work already.  But as you said, sure, you can just
> go suid and do whatever you want.  I just am kind of proud of the
> fact that I can accomplish the task without root/suid.

That is pretty cool that you were able to accomplish that, even if it
does take a long time to do.

> Along with as described, the relative ease of doing a very small
> containered alternate-selinux policy set up.  It sort of sounded to
> me like a useful solution for the selinux-chroot issues brought up in
> this thread.
>
> I was disappointed googling and seeing your issues with qemu-ppc not
> being great for booting up full blown fedora-ppc.  I too really hope
> that sees improvement soon.

I do too, but honestly it didn't seem like many people out there that
A) had the knowledge necessary to fix it and B) were willing /
interested / had time to work on it.  It would certainly make the
things you're trying to do easier, and it would vastly improve my
ability to test out the composes I'm doing.

--
Jesse Keating