long term support release

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 25 09:06:54 UTC 2008

* Ralf Corsepius [25/01/2008 09:51] :

> Lack of technical resources.

Oh, please.

Hardware is cheap and so is rack space. The bandwidth part of the
equation is the hardest one to solve and even that can be worked about.

> Right. But ask yourself, isn't the fact Fedora Unity exists evidence of
> RH/Fedora not having meet the market's demand and having slipped through
> an opportunity? I say yes.

The market has dozens (if not hundreds) of demands, some of which are at odds
the others. I don't remember Red Hat or Fedora promising they would address
each and every one of them (and, in fact, I distinctly remember the opposite)
and I suspect that neither do the people asking/demanding that LTS be
implemented.

Emmanuel