Re: long term support release

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:26:14 +0100
Patrice Dumas <pertusus free fr> wrote:

> Users have no way to force packagers to provide for a given level of
> quality.
>
> So, if fedora users have quality expectation, it can only be false
> expectations.

Yet we have things like the Security team who have taken up the mantel
of ensuring that security updates go out for the packages we shipped in
"supported" releases, regardless of what happens to the owner of that
package.  They're having a hard enough time getting volunteers for this
effort just for the 2 live releases, let along adding N number of LTS
releases.

--
Jesse Keating