PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages still needed (was: Update of "PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages" by [...])

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jan 28 16:56:10 UTC 2008

Hi all!

On 28.01.2008 17:38, fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by [...]:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages?action=diff&rev2=97&rev1=96

Just saw one of those again. Made me wonder: do we still need this page?
 Orphaned packages are tracked in the package db and CVS should have a
dead.package file explaining why a package was retired. Isn't that enough?

I suppose parts of the wiki page are out of date anyway; that in my
Fedora-experience always happens with manually maintained pages like
this one. Seems to be the case here as well:

> The comment on the change is:
> Removed kgtk - should not be retired

Cu
knurd