long term support release

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:36:58 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Once again: My objective is improving usability, by eliminating bugs
> ASAP, once you know about them.
>
> Fedora's bureacracy and work flow is are handicapping this by wasting
> resources. This causes "current fedora" to be of "suboptimal quality"
> and causes people to ask for "Fedora LTS".

That's not the only reason.  There are also the issues that it is not
always a smooth upgrade from one version to another (which may not be
practical to fix) and if you don't upgrade you are left without security
fixes which isn't good for either the user or the perception of fedora's
quality.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com