long term support release

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:02:08 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> Does such a thing("some sort of performance metric") exist for Fedora
>>> itself?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>
>> That would be impossible... one cannot have a performance metric of
>> something so vague as a whole project this size (except in politics).
>
> If you can't measure something, how can you ever improve it - or know
> whether you did?

You can't.  Thats the point I was making.  It is impossible to measure against a
'metric' thats not observable/quantifiable/finite.  So Richard asks about
measuring Fedora; can't be done.  Commits/day to cvs, package changes, users
logged into systems, bug reported, etc, are measurable.  So is the number of
random unrelated emails sent to devel-list per hour!
(ah the irony of this reply existing itself, with mostly pointless drivel)