ppc64 with strange symptoms

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Jan 29 17:31:07 UTC 2008

ppc64 build once again failed while the other archs succeeded (I think
last time that happened I just submitted another build request). In the
modified abicheck test suite it gives different results for the same
check:

+ ../abicheck ./private1
./private1: OK

+ ../abicheck ./private1
./private1: NO_BINDINGS (run ldd -r on binary for more info)
+ :

+ ../abicheck ./private1
+ grep 'PRIVATE:.*libc.*\(__open\|__nanosleep\)'
./private1: PRIVATE: (libc.so.6:GLIBC_PRIVATE) __open_catalog
+ echo true
true

Only the last one is good. "private1" is a dynamically linked exe
built in the step before these tests.
abicheck is Perl and runs ldd/ld-linux to examine the exe.
It's hard to debug this without access to a rawhide ppc64 machine.

I'm going to use koji scratch builds (long response-times) to do a few
more tests. I hope to find out what early runs of ldd or ld-linux say
about the file.

Perhaps somebody has an idea meanwhile as what may be special about ppc64.