Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method

Joachim Frieben joachim.frieben at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:52:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 3:39 PM, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I joined the bug. This bug makes rawhide hard to use
> for
> development work because autotools complains about the timestamp being in
> the
> future. Some things also refuse to build.
>
> -Steve

In the meantime, if you're on a network, enable NTP and checkmark
"Synchronize system clock before starting service". This doesn't solve the
issue but at least corrects the time offset [+1 hour at every reboot in my
case] at an early stage of the boot procedure. This should allow you to go
on without being bothered by error messages like the ones you have reported.