F9 Alpha spinning

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 30 18:29:56 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:56:47 -0500
> Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Now that evince-dvi and evince-dejavu are split out, can we put
>> evince back pretty please?  It would be a shame to not have this.
>
> We can look again at Beta timeframe, and use between now and then to
> find ways to get evince to fit.  Always the losing game.

<warning totally non educated / no research done guesswork ahead>

I guess that the livecd currently includes perl? perl is quite large, maybe
with some effort we can drop it?

I'm willing to create proposal patches for any packages on the livecd requiring
perl. Can someone with a livecd image handy do "rpm -e perl" on it and see how
large the list of dep errors thrown is?

Regards,

Hans