long term support release

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:41:59 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 7:26 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 06:51 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > >
> > > That's just you.  Some people[1] think it's okay to let Linux control a
> > > spacecraft[2].
> /me wonders which cpu they are going to use.

I have seen hardened pentium, arm and a couple of PPC variants used. I
think most of them have been hardened pentiums. Some of the are using
the rt type kernels while a couple used a basic version because well
RT wasnt needed.

> c.f. http://www.rtems.org

I thought I saw this a couple of years ago, but had not seen much since then.