Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 3 08:29:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:20:50PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> I think the only way to "fix" it for the foreseeable future is to
> simplify policy, so that only a very limited set of services are
> confined. Then, when the graphical tools and user experience have
> eventually caught up, it'll be trivial to switch policy again.

How will you know you have "fixed" it if you have the bits in question
turned off - you won't. You have no meaningful way to make progress.

Sorry if I sound fed up of all of this but I spent 9 months fighting people
years back to get firewalling enabled by default, and that had all the same
arguments. Today nobody (even Microsoft) would propose otherwise.

This is the same thing ..

As to Setroubleshoot it would be nicer if it spoke more "end user" ese and
could prompt/fix common mislabelling (eg html files)