Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

brad longo Bl0ngo067 at aim.com
Sat Jul 5 23:49:56 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-07-03, 15:42 GMT, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>> They get a little question stating this program wants to run,
>> do you give it permission.
>>

> And yes, that's the reason why Vista is still totally broken
> security-wise. Before even thinking about yes/no dialog, read
> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/phishing.pdf and other
> things on http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/
>
> Best,
>
> Matěj

Is disabling selinux yourself really that difficult?  Also I know from
experience that selinux wasn't that great in the past, and since I
started using Fedora I have always disabled it without thinking whenever
I updated.  Recently though when I updated to Fedora 9 I just left it
alone, and now I sometimes even forget that its there.  I have had no
issues with it at all.  The way I see it, if its not broken why touch
it?  It only increases security.

--Brad