Install dies at waiting for hardware to init - sorta

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:21:33 UTC 2008

Attempting to install F9 I386 on a system with two HighPoint
RocketRaid 2220 8-Port devices. During the very first part of the
install (installing from a USB DVD-ROM) the install hangs for ~10
minutes on the waiting for hardware to initialize. Once done it pops
up with a messing asking me to define which driver to use for the
install media, it can't see/find any devices, even the MB IDE/SATA or
USB DVD.

I'm guessing it gets really confused during the hardware init somehow.
The first part of the install works, just forgets where it was
installing from!

Any work-a-rounds or is this a bug? I'd like to learn how to do this
without pulling the HighPoint cards for the install?

Thanks
Andy

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org