Rawhide Orphanarium Purge: June 18th

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 13:10:00 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 00:37:42 Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > tripwire
>
> I found this file in the CVS for tripwire:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/tripwire/devel/License-Issues?vie
>w=markup Is tripwire safe to be included in Fedora?

I think its safe, but its very old code. We've spent time working on aide
which is a simple program that does the same thing and adding support to it
for modern hashes, extended attributes, and sending results to the audit
logs. I'd say that there would be significant work to bring tripwire up to
par, and then I doubt that upstream could take the patch since the commercial
code has likely changed.

I'd vote for letting this one die.

-Steve