mobile broadband support

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Jul 8 14:15:43 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:

> (I believe the answer is that the signal strength requires
> card-specific logic which isn't documented, so this isn't easy to
> implement)

I finally located an area in the wiki for this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetworkManager-MobileBroadband

    "Signal strength while connected is not supported at this time
because most cards use proprietary protocols to retrieve signal strength
while connected."

and this was for Fedora 9 release.  So maybe some work will happen for
Fedora 10 that would start to add signal strength display for these cards.

Regards,
Gerry