Proposed SIG: Windows MinGW cross-compiler SIG

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 11 10:10:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 10:41 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:37:16AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > I know, this looks ugly (and it is), but guess you can get the idea:
> > Dynamically hackuping rpm's brp-* and find-* scripts to not mistreat
> > files. Works quite well for me, even on non-Fedora-distros and
> > non-RH-distros.
>
> Yes, I was looking at this from your(?) original SRPMs.

My cross-toolchain rpms can be found inside of the src.rpms below
ftp://www.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux

BTW: These specs are generated and therefore are not necessarily easily
human readable.

>  I'm going to
> look at if we can simplify this and/or centralize those scripts into
> one place.
My package are supposed to be add-on packages to distros (Fedora,
CentOS, SuSE) and therefore support installation to outside of /usr (I
use /opt/<somewhere>)

Therefore, some of the ugliness can be removed when only considering
installation to /usr (e.g. man-page compression (brp-compress).

Apart of this aspect, I am not aware about much that could be removed.

Ralf