Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 14:18:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 13:51 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> At long last, we are about to get a brand new RPM version (alpha snapshot
> at the moment) into rawhide. The list of changes from 4.4.2.x is massive
> and a full summary needs a separate posting (will follow as time permits),
> this is just a heads-up of immediate consequences for Fedora packagers and
> rawhide consumers:

[ snip ]

This is great and all, but my first reaction was "Oh hell...what a
colossal waste of time" referring to the fact that I've spent the last
week or so pouring over rpm source code trying to see exactly what's
needed to implement some things.

So, that being said, if we are going to make this change in Fedora,
especially one that involves all this "backup for rpmdb, rebuild your
rpmdb, feed your rpmdb cake" stuff, can we make it a flag day and add a
few new fields to the rpmdb schema and bump the rpmdb version?

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at