FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-07-10

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:13:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 16:50 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> 2008/7/11 Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>:
> <snip>
> > === F10 Features ===
> > * FESCo approved the following Features for F10:
> > ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GoodHaskellSupport
> <snip>
>
> The logs show questions about whether this is a feature or not.  Being
> able to support a programming language and environment is definitely a
> feature.

Which is why we approved it.  There was nothing that conclusively showed
it _wasn't_ a Feature.

For things like "Good Haskell Support", or "Better Bluetooth Support",
or "The Best-est Erlang Support in the Universe!" (ok, I made that up)
we at times question if there is really enough to promote it as a
Feature.  They are somewhat generic and nebulous by nature, so it's
natural to question how visible that Feature can be and therefore if
it's really a Feature.  Inevitably though, we come back and approve it
because there really isn't reason not to, and the publicity it generates
is a good thing.

josh