Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 22:13:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 19:07 -0300, jeff wrote:
> I don't know what the ramifications are, but it definitely has different
> behaviour if you disable using selinux=0 than if you don't. I see no reason why
> it should be loaded, initialized, etc. if it isn't wanted.

Because relying on boot options is a great way to cause problems for
yourself later on down the line.  If you boot with selinux=0, the
installer disables SELinux for the installed system.  The fact that we
use a better and more persistent means of disabling it and also one that
can be reversed if you later decide that you want SELinux is a
*positive* thing.

Jeremy