No answer to easy bug policy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 12 12:32:25 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede wrote:
> I feel that your policy completely fails to address 2), whereas that
> might be one of the more important points. For example I don't mind
> other people touching my packages _at all_, which can be seen from there
> ACL's. So we could have a policy that says that "easy fixes" (whatever
> the definition) may be done by anyone with CVS extras without a prior
> headsup, when the ACL's allow it. IOW, codify in policy that the ACL
> signals how much a developer minds other people touching his packages.

This is what I tried to address in an earlier mail. Boils back to the
definition of easy fixes.
> Another possible solution would be a I don't mind my toes getting
> stepped on list in the wiki.

If ACL's are open, I think that by itself should be enough indication of
an agreement to any such policies. If we need another tag to denote it,
it should be part of pkgdb itself instead of the wiki.

Rahul