No answer to easy bug policy

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 14:10:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 02:04 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With Rahul, we prepared a new pollicy which aim is to force maintainers
> to answer to easy fix bugs or orphan packages if they fail to do so in a
> one month delay. It may look a bit rude, but hopefully it will help
> spreading co-maintainership and quicker bugfixes. It is at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
>
> In my opinion it should be added to the non responsive policy at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
> I paste it here. Please comment. It should be proposed to FESCo after
> discussion here.

The problem with this policy is it assumes people read bug mail.  If I
read all my bug mail every day, I would get absolutely nothing else
accomplished.

So, just to head this off ahead of time:  Every package owned by
xgl-maint that I know of has cvsextras+ set.  If there's a trivial bug
in one of these packages, please, by all means, fix it.  If you find an
X package where this is not the case, please let me know.

I'll even go one step further.  If you're sufficiently interested in X
and/or Mesa and _want_ to sign up for the xgl-maint mail deluge, please
let me know!  I'd totally love you forever.

- ajax