No answer to easy bug policy

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:40:36 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:59:24AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 02:04:47AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
>> I have hopefully adressed th ecomments, by stating that this is a policy
>> for bug fixes, not easy bug as such. Also added a 3 weeks delay before
>> the procedure is started, precise a bit what is a bug easy to fix and
>> put explicitely the cleaning of blocker bugs on the reporter.
>
> Still on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance

Instead of orphaning, what about adding comaintainers?  That makes for
more responsibility on the part of the person who thinks that the bug is
an easy fix to evaluate this in terms of correctness, the future effects
of the patch, and what is going on upstream.

This would be separate from any other policy allowing people to fix
EasyFix+evaluated correct bugs (like mschwendt's spec file cleanups.)

-Toshio