ENVR checking

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:10:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 09:10 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 06:58:38 +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:
>
> > What happened to that script that used to run and check all the ENVRs
> > across releases to make sure that there was a proper upgrade path (i.e.
> >   F8 < F8-updates < F9 etc.)? That was really useful.
> >
> > I have had a disappointing experience on a couple of machines with doing
> > upgrades from F-8 to F-9, where there are a lot of F-8 packages still
> > hanging around that shouldn't be, mostly due to ENVR problems (F-8 updates
> >  > F-9)
>
> Still in cvs:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/upgradecheck/?root=fedora
>
> It used to be run automatically after each Extras push, but when the
> build system moved to koji and bodhi, this feature was killed. Probably
> it was considered unimportant or a source of "spam". That's a problem

It's still important.  Apparently not enough to hook into the
build/update systems at the moment though, because there are bigger fish
to fry.

> Recently I've seen a comment somewhere that Josh Boyer seems to have
> a similar but different script somewhere. I don't know how it differs.

It hooks into koji to see if there are builds that are in koji but not
in a repo that would fix things.  That feature is mostly only useable
during rawhide freezes.

josh