Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 21:35:31 UTC 2008

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Well I would like to propose that we shift gears a bit.. the naming
> contest was moved up to help the art group figure out a visual theme..
> and I think that might be backwards.. how about the art group comes up
> with various visual themes.. that gets voted on and then we come up
> with a name that meets the chosen theme. [It would actually make for a
> new game ]

Thanks Stephen, that's constructive. Although I'd still need some
convincing, it would at least have a point, plus would have the extra
advantage of giving those working on the art more creative freedom instead
of being constrained by random wordplay.

I like your logic - if we must have a codename, it at least makes sense to
base it around something which has value. Art = highly visible and
beneficial to users, promotes Fedora in a positive light. In-jokes = does
nothing, possibly causes several negative consequences.

Tim