Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-21

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:32:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 01:50:33 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Another thought I had was that instead of listing the owners of
> packages, we could actually list the person whom built the offending
> E:N-V-R breaker.  This is likely more interesting information anyway

Of course.

The old script displayed the primary owner (an old notion from the Extras
era), but also mailed all co-maintainers. In the summary that went to the
list it would quickly get unreadable, so only one mail addr was shown.

> since the owner can change per branch

That could be specified in the pkgdb, though. And theoretically, the pkgdb
could be queried for such branch-specific ownership data.