Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:35:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 10:23 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Dave Airlie wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 21:40 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >> I wonder if we'll ever get big enough that the art team could make a theme
> >> for each proposed name and we could vote on that as part of the name
> >> selection... it'd be wicked awesome :)
> >
> > I more wonder why the art team feels the need to use the nick-name of
> > the distro as a basis for the artwork.. surely they are an independent
> > minded bunch, and it would allows to just choose names that we like
> > instead of ones with meaningful artwork..
>
> Well, we really have not linked directly the name and the graphics so
> far... it was an attempt in F9 but the graphic with Sulphur crystal was
> dropped at the last minute.
>
> It was a thought that it may be cool if we can link the two and sometime
> is useful to have a starting point when developing some graphics.

And that method would have stood a better chance this time if it hadn't
taken so long to get names vetted through Legal.  We're cleaning up that
process for the next release.  I drafted something to use as a starting
point:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Naming_Guidelines

--
Paul W. Frields