General information About Fedora

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 16:44:14 UTC 2008

2008/7/25 Oybek Nuriddinov <oybekfedora at gmail.com>:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a few questions for you, if you know please fill it.

These questions are pretty off-topic for this list. However, I'm happy
to answer them.

> 1.How many decision makers does Fedora have?

This is a very difficult question. In general, there are two main
governance bodies in Fedora  - the Fedora Board, and the Fedora
Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo). Each of these bodies consist
of nine people, and there can be overlap between the two (there is
currently one person serving on both FESCo and the Board). The Board
consists of 4 seats which are appointed by Red Hat, and 5 elected by
the community. FESCo is entirely elected by the community.

There is also a Fedora Project Leader (FPL) who serves as chairman of
the board, and is required to be a full-time Red Hat employee. This
position is currently held by Paul Frields.

The mission of the board is to decide strategic direction for Fedora,
and the mission of FESCo is to decide technical direction of Fedora.