Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-26

Stephen Warren s-t-rhbugzilla at wwwdotorg.org
Sat Jul 26 17:02:06 UTC 2008

buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Broken upgrade path report for tags f8-final -> dist-f8-updates
> -> dist-f8-updates-testing -> dist-f9-updates
> -> dist-f9-updates-testing -> dist-f10:

Shouldn't  dist-f9-final (or whatever the correct name is) be inserted
in this path list between dist-f8-updates-testing and dist-f9-updates.

Whilst it's hard to fix such issues (it'd require one to block the
specific update from F8 and rebuild, or re-issue the F9 initial
release!), it'd still be useful to let people know that they made a
mistake, so they learn not to do it next time.

I guess for F10, having dist-10 in the list will prevent this happening
for the initial F10 release, which means people using the release CD
won't see any issues even before they apply updates, which is good.

Thanks for the work on this, BTW.