Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Mon Jul 28 14:29:00 UTC 2008

On 7/28/2008 10:04 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Again, ethical/political/etc questions have no place in an ML that
> -should- be dedicated to users who seek help. I doubt that they even
> have place in -testing and/or -devel.
>
> I've been subscribed to fedora-* more-or-less since FC2.
> For the first time in years I'm thinking about unsubscribing

I've been on these lists from the early days as well.  I've seen some
interesting discussions, however I was never under the impression that
this was as big of a problem as some people seem to portray it.  Does
anyone have any metrics on how many of these "inappropriate" threads
there truly are in relation to how many are "appropriate"?  I think it
would help make this issue much more clear.  For example, if we are
talking about less than 1% of all posts are "inappropriate", then that
is a heck of a lot different than if it is 35%.  Similarly, if there are
say 10,000 posts in a month, 1% is a bigger problem than if there are
only 100 posts per month.

So, do we have some actual numbers or is it just a "gut feel"?

Tom