[packagekit] A PackageKit browser plugin

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Jul 28 15:00:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right at the moment the DBUS interface honours the "don't show me this
> again" checkbox that you might have already clicked.

This is only tangentially related, but we really should move away from the
"don't show again" buttons - either the notification is useful, and you
should see it, or it's not useful, and you shouldn't see it.  We could also
just be smarter about when the notification appears - for example, security
updates as soon as they're available, other updates once a day at most, etc.
The other problem with them is that if you accidentally click "don't show
again", there is no obvious way to undo that operation.