kernel build failures.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jul 7 02:25:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 18:32:06 -0400,
  Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> Dave Jones writes:
>
> I do not believe that this is the problem. It looks like xmlto always
> invokes xsltproc with the --nonet parameter, and xsltproc was always able
> to load the locally-installed Docbook DTDS, just fine.
>
> A brief look reveals that this looks like a recent breakage between the
> xml-common and docbook-dtds rpms.
>
> When the docbook-dtds rpm gets installed, it adds all the Docbook DTDs to
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xmlcatalog, in its %post script.

It would be nice if this was redesigned so that each package put its
data in a separate file rather than mixing stuff. That is the direction
most config files have been going when multiple packages need to add data.
The current system doesn't let you tell if the docbook stuff is installed
correctly (using rpm -V) because of the files that multiple packages update.