Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Mon Jul 7 20:02:29 UTC 2008

David Nielsen wrote:

> 2008/7/7 jeff <moe at blagblagblag.org <mailto:moe at blagblagblag.org>>:
>
>     Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>         jeff wrote:
>
>             Well, that's a broad policy. I'm just talking about the
>             ability to disable it, not removing it altogether or whatever.
>

>         That wasn't clear from your reference to the bugzilla report
>         which was very specifically due to the interactions between
>         swfdec being installed by default and issues with SELinux policy
>         which has subsequently been fixed.
>

>     I'm not trying to talk about swfdec *AT ALL*. I referenced that bug
>     report to show that even Linus Torvalds himself typically disables
>     selinux (along with probably hundreds of thousands of other people).
>

> Because Linus Torvalds perfectly describes our average user?

Again, I'm not talking about the average user.

I'm talking about the same class of users that also know that they want things
like xfs/jfs/reiserfs.

Or is Fedora only for the "average user"? I would presume fedora would also
want to satisfy non-average users, such as developers.

You comment is pure noise.

-Jeff