InstantMirror Redesign / current best /simplest way to achieve

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 8 13:08:08 UTC 2008

A long, long time ago, Kulbir Saini wrote:
>          Thank a lot for noting down all those points. They helped me to have
> a more clear idea of InstantMirror. And thanks for the encouragement
> as well :)

Hi, wondering what is considered _the_ current approach for making an
internal Fedora proxy mirror ?
Does the MirrorManager 0.4 code actually work, eg for 5 PC's ?

Did something else {other than full rsync mirroring} emerge to solve
this type of problem ?

I was wondering if an automated way to get the clients to use the proxy
/ cache would by to implement dns entries for the real yum server names,
that point to your internal ~mirror server; and hence bypass requiring
individual machine proxy setup ?

Regards, DaveT.