Fedora, meet OLPC. OLPC, meet Fedora.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 23:22:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> A SIG wiki page in general would be good with things like a kickstart
> file to build the client version and the server version. It would
> allow easy testing for things like depedency creep for core packages
> and the like.

easy testing is part of it... but we really need a reason to get those
packages in the distribution for normal computer users who dont have
access to the xo hardware.  A usable Sugar Desktop running on standard
computer hardware that interfaces well with the XO hardware would be a
very..sellable...reason.. that I could talk about and get new
contributors involved.

I know I've talked to Denis about this a little bit.  I think people
still work by and large under the assumption that you need to have the
XO hardware to help. You don't, but I think we need to get a Sugar
Desktop..even a minimal one.. in front of people on their normal
computers to get this to snowball.  If we can identify a leader to
point people at, I think we can make a push to attract new people to
work on the packaging of things like activities.  It's going to be a
slow rolling snowball for a while, but it will be a snowball.

-jef