Install dies at waiting for hardware to init - sorta

Dr. Diesel dr.diesel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:21:35 UTC 2008

Several messages to and from Mark Lord, the sata_mv driver is not what
is causing the install to hang.  Also the Highpoint problems of
overwritten sectors seem to only be a problem if you boot/load
grub/lilo on the array.

Is it possible to boot with a kernel argument that bypassed sata_mv?
Something like sata_mv=0 or something?  I know I can blacklist it, but
what can I do for an installation?

Thanks
Andy