kernel build failures.

Ondřej Vašík ovasik at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 15:54:57 UTC 2008

KH KH wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com>:

> >> That's mostly the case today. The catalog is just an index file with
> >> 1-line references to package-specific data
> >
> > But unless there's an easy way to cleanly rebuild this index from
> > scratch, that's still as bad as embedding (mixing) all data in one
> > single file.
> >
> > The DTDs/schemas are not found when not mentioned in the catalog, right?
>
> Does this problem has been solved ?
> I have this package failing: (even if i add :
> %if 0%{?fedora} > 9
> BuildRequires:  docbook-dtds
> %endif )
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=702885
>
> /builddir/build/BUILD/lcdproc-0.5.2/docs/lcdproc-dev/lcdproc-dev.docbook:12:
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd"

Sorry for troubles with xmlcatalog/docbook-dtds. Everything got broken
once I got bugzilla about rpm -V complaints about sgml-common/xml-common
catalog files. This caused broken xmlcatalog file in existing
installation - as the xmlcatalog was modified and replaced full catalog
of xml-dtd's with brand new empty one. I decided to mark it
config(noreplace) to prevent such things in future. Because of policy no
config(noreplace) in /usr/ I moved xmlcatalog to /etc/sgml/docbook/ and
created symlink. But because entries from docbook-dtds were not with
full path, they were not found. New docbook-dtds with full paths to
xml-dtd's should solve the troubles. Sorry once more time...

Ondrej Vasik