OLPC & package dependency growth

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:27:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Bill Crawford
<billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be easiest to simply do the install to a VM and look at
> the actual disk usage? This avoids guesswork ...

that assumes that we have an installable image actually being built on
a daily basis for each of the kickstart files which contributors are
interested in tracking.  I'm not sure that's a good assumption.  In
fact, moving forward I'm very sure that won't be a good assumption to
make as we populate the kickstart pool with community contributed
spins.

I'd rather put some estimate information out there on a daily basis so
people who have kickstart files to worry about, like community
contributed spins in the Kickstart Pool, can get ahead of a dependency
bloat problem, with enough time to communicate with maintainers on how
to address it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins/KickstartPool

-jef