Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Jul 11 22:00:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 06:55:47PM -0300, jeff wrote:
> Peter Jones wrote:
>> Robert Nichols wrote:
>>
>>> Anaconda already allows you to add arbitrary kernel parameters when
>>> configuring the bootloader.  I always add "vga=791" and "selinux=0".
>>
>> There's a whitelist to determine which ones are propagated to the
>> bootloader config, though.
>
> Is selinux=0 on the whitelist?
>
> I still don't understand why doing "boot: linux selinux=0"
> wouldn't/shouldn't be passed to grub.

Because you might want to install without selnux if you have a problem
with the installer in SELinux enforcing mode for example, but then
want to boot the system with SELinux enabled. The installer's boot
options should be kept separate from the installed system's boot
options.