Attention Spin Maintainers

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Jul 12 12:29:31 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> It should be done for all spins to-be included in the next release.
> Obviously, for the recurring spins such as Gnome and KDE, the page will
> just need to change category between development cycles.
>
> To show you how this is not at all too much overhead for you as a
> maintainer / initiator of the Spin Concept... The more you write on your
> wiki page about the spin, the easier the websites-team will be able to
> -in the future- create you a neat page for the specific spin on spins.fp.o

Note to self... read the entire thread before replying.

If it's in spin-kickstarts, and going to end up on spins.fp.o, it needs
to have a Feature page IMHO.

Whether we all know to ignore whatever is on the KDE spin feature page,
or whether we all get a chance to see how Rex and Sebastian are doing,
track motivations for changes they make and where they're moving in
general, or just because I can then search the wiki for all Spin Wiki
Feature Pages, maintainers, progress, etc...

I didn't even mention the advantages of treating two of the same things
like if they really were the same, within the Feature process...

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip