Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sun Jul 13 00:20:04 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 16:15 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 10:04 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> > Wasn't subscribed in December (recently added a number of fedora
> > subscriptions to me email load).  My day job is on RHEL and I'm *making*
> > time for Fedora...back then I didn't need the additional email load.
>
> Are you subscribed to the internal Red Hat lists where this was
> announced as well?  It's not like we've been quiet about it.  Head in
> the sand rational doesn't really work.

It's not head in the sand Jesse.  It's that following the daytime soap
opera that is rpm4 vs rpm5 vs jbj vs everyone else isn't the least bit
worth my time.  I seem to recall a vague announcement inside Red Hat
that went something like "We actually are working on RPM and we have
plans, we just aren't going into them at this time...stay tuned."  I
don't ever recall the follow up to that though...

> However, as fun as it is to pick on Doug for not noticing rpm
> advancements,

You can try to pick on me all you want, but the simple fact of the
matter is that it makes not one whit of difference to me.  You won't
make me feel guilty for not having the time to watch a soap opera
outside the scope of my normal daytime work.

>  that just derails the conversation from what's really
> important, actual thoughtful discussion about the future of our SCM
> system.

This I agree with 100%.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>