No answer to easy bug policy

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:42:13 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>>>
>>> Still on
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
>>>
>> Instead of orphaning, what about adding comaintainers?  That makes for
>> more responsibility on the part of the person who thinks that the bug
>> is an easy fix to evaluate this in terms of correctness, the future
>> effects of the patch, and what is going on upstream.
>
> The intro covers that:
>
> "If this occurs over a long period of time, the maintainers should seek
> out co-maintainers or just be orphaning the software packages they are
> not interested in. If it does happen for a shorter periods, others can
> act as a buffer to avoid the problem lingering for our user"

What I'm asking is instead of:

"If you don't answer after 2 weeks, a reminder should be sent, and if
not answered within a further 2 weeks the package will be orphaned
according to the policy stated at"

We could have:

"If you don't answer after 2 weeks, a reminder should be sent, and if
not answered within a further 2 weeks My_Username will be assigned as a
comaintainer and can make changes according to the policy stated at"

-Toshio