Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:40:00 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>:
> Education most likely.  Git can git you patches one at a time, or all in
> one, depending on what you ask for (of course, if you import a bunch of
> patches all at once into a single changeset then you are stuck from then
> on).  Our internal kernel git scripts do a patch per changeset.

I'm not going to call people out publically since we don't have a firm
policy with regard to how patches are handled...yet.  But there are
other git trees right now which don't do things the way the kernel is
dealing with its patches.  There's going to need to be some care with
regard to making sure the correct patch hygiene is encouraged(its
difficult to say enforced since I doubt it could be) as packages
transition to an advanced vcs setup.  At a minimum we'll need someone
who understand what the best practices are to help write a migration
document that covers making small patchsets.

-jef