No answer to easy bug policy

Kevin Page fedora-devel-list at krp.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 18:51:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 09:12 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Surely the maintainer in question knows the package well enough to
> decide whether to merge patches? For instance, I might push a patch
> upstream and hold off applying it to fedora as it's trivial and will
> get updated at the next version bump of my package in a few weeks.

If this were happening for all packages, I don't think anyone would have
a problem? Although the reporter might like to know that an update is
forthcoming... because no-one likes to feel ignored (or waste their time
finding a solution if one is already forthcoming).

The problem is when a few weeks turns into numerous months.

Regards,

kev.