Heads-Up: rb_libtorrent 0.13.x (incompatible API/ABI bump)

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:35:52 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com>:
> Hi, all.
>
> Just an FYI: I've bumped rb_libtorrent to 0.13.1 in Rawhide, which
> changes the soname (libtorrent-0.12.1.so -->libtorrent-rasterbar.so.0)
>
> Aside from the large amount of bug-fixes, packaging recent versions of
> rb_libtorrent will make it much more feasible to use a system copy with
> Deluge 1.0 soon (which is just hitting its RCs, and currently uses its
> own internal copy synced to upstream trunk every so often).
>
> According to repoquery, the only thing that currently depends on this
> library is linkage (a GTK+ BitTorrent client); and that - according to
> its upstream authors - should work just fine with this updated
> rb_libtorrent once an update to linkage-0.2.0 is pushed.
>
> Howevever, I think that linkage-0.2.0 still needs some D-BUS C++ love,
> so it'll probably remain broken until that happens. (If needed, we can
> maintain a separate compat package for rb_libtorrent-0.12.x; but I hope
> that it will not be necessary.)

I tryed to do a scratch build of llinkage 0.2.0 [1] against the new
rb_libtorrent but it fails.[2]
Which is odd (complaining about cannot find 0.13) while the root.log
shows that it is indeed installed. [3]

1: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=718436
2: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=718436&name=build.log
3: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=718455&name=root.log