process wakeups

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:42:04 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com>:
> ...this is after about 5 seconds. This thread just never gets quiet and is
> constantly churning. My system is idle too with nothing being added or
> deleted or read from the database.
> Those are the 2 noisy threads.

Ah, that does fit with what I see here, then. I took your "that just
never stop" to mean you were seeing significant CPU usage.

It's not good, certainly, but I guess it's designed on the assumption
that you're using it, ... so doesn't make quite the extraordinary
effort to avoid these wakeups that it otherwise might. I presume that
the timeout could be increased greatly when there's no activity to
monitor; but I have no knowledge at all of the mysql code, so I won't
claim it would be easy :o)