latency-policy call for review

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 18:44:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:51:36PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
 > Richard Hughes (hughsient at gmail.com) said:
 > > Anyone want to review this package? It's designed to make it easy to set
 > > system latency power tunables.
 >
 > How does it coexist with, or obsolete, a separate cpuspeed service?

last one to run stomps over the other.

this one also seems to lack a lot of the logic in cpuspeeds initscript
to determine if we're actually capable of running the ondemand governor.

If the CPU is capable of running ondemand in a manner that it doesn't
introduce performance regressions, we choose it already in cpuspeed.
latency policy seems to be trying to second guess all of that.

My vote would be to rip out all of this from latencypolicy, and have lp
set the sampling rate sysfs knobs.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk