Pungi with x86_64 packages only

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Sat Jul 19 22:22:01 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 11:51 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to build a customized CD on FC9 x86_64 with pungi. The
>> problem is I dont know how to get only x86_64 packages. So many i386
>> packages were there.
>>
>> Any idea for help ?
>

> In your kickstart file, when you define the repo, add an --exclude
> *.i?86 to the line.  This will prevent yum (which does the package
> gathering) from seeing any non x86_64 or noarch package.

maybe related question:

I'm using pungi for selective mirroring, by listing the packages and
package groups I wanna have in the kickstart file and then running the
gather and createrepo stages.  Works quite well, except that there seems
 to be no way to mirror x86_64 packages on a i386 machine ...

any hints how that can be done?

cheers,
  Gerd

--