ENVR checking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 19:03:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 13:49 -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Ummm, seems to me what really needs to happen is something, somewhere in
> the build/push system needs to refuse to ever allow broken upgrade
> chains to get pushed into the repos in the first place. Or at least warn
> you the very second you request such an action. Rather than trying to
> detect and clean up the mess after the fact.

I don't disagree, to an extent.  However without that, which is a much
longer term project, we should still have info about what breakage has
already been done, rather than waiting on bug reports to come in.  So we
can get to the reactionary world today, while working on the proactive
world for the future.

Of course putting all these checks into the updates push isn't going to
help getting updates out any faster.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!