Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-21

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 05:50:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 22:46 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> That's a false positive, because dist-f9-updates-testing is not taken
> into account.

Hrm, it both is and isn't.  It's plausible that somebody at one time
installed F8 testing updates, and then upgraded to F9 + updates, but
without F9 updates-testing.  However, it's more plausible that if they
were using updates-testing on F8 that they would upgrade to F9 + updates
+ updates-testing.  I still think it's worth noting these occurrences
when they happen.

That said, it might also be worth doing this in two runs.  One that
takes the view of F8, F8-updates, f9-updates  and another than takes the
view of F8-updates-testing, F9-updates-testing.  More things to play
with when I get back from OLS.

Another thought I had was that instead of listing the owners of
packages, we could actually list the person whom built the offending
E:N-V-R breaker.  This is likely more interesting information anyway
since the owner can change per branch and the owner often isn't the
person doing the build anyway.  I'll be looking to wire that up since
the builder is in the data set I get back from koji in the initial query
set.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!