Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 23 07:23:30 UTC 2008

Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 21:40 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> I wonder if we'll ever get big enough that the art team could make a theme
>> for each proposed name and we could vote on that as part of the name
>> selection... it'd be wicked awesome :)
>
> I more wonder why the art team feels the need to use the nick-name of
> the distro as a basis for the artwork.. surely they are an independent
> minded bunch, and it would allows to just choose names that we like
> instead of ones with meaningful artwork..

Well, we really have not linked directly the name and the graphics so
far... it was an attempt in F9 but the graphic with Sulphur crystal was
dropped at the last minute.

It was a thought that it may be cool if we can link the two and sometime
is useful to have a starting point when developing some graphics.